Where to Send Mail
Inmate mail should be sent to:
Washington County Justice Center
(Inmates Name and Booking Number)
26861 Highway 34
Akron, CO 80720
Inmates receive mail Monday through Friday, except when there is a holiday and the office is closed.
Incoming mail will be screened.
Reasons for Rejected Mail
- Personal Check or Cash is received
- Postage stamps (inside with the letter), stickers, lipstick, ink-pad stamp, glitter, or glue.
- Musical cards or cards with springs.
- Gang related material/photo. Includes graffiti.
- Phone card or other unauthorized property.
- Sexually explicit communication and/or photo.
- Contains descriptions, plans, or threats of criminal activity.
- Contains Polaroid picture or picture larger than 5″x 7″ ( if multiple photos are on one page they are considered one picture and the page must be smaller than 5″ x 7″).
- Contains material that may create racial tension within the facility.
- Contains correspondence for someone other than the inmate it is addressed to.
- Books received were not directly sent from a publisher or book store such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
- Contains newspaper or magazine clippings.
- Inmate to inmate correspondence
- No return address.
- Must have both First and Last name on return address.
- Sticky notes attached
- Any material that is deemed inappropriate for this facility.
- WE WILL NOT ACCEPT INMATE PROPERTY TO BE MAILED IN. THE ONLY EXCEPTION IS MEDICAL ITEMS AND ARRANGEMENTS NEED TO BE MADE PRIOR TO THEIR ARRIVAL. ALL PACKAGES WILL BE RETURNED TO SENDER.
For questions or concerns, please call (970) 345-2244.