Where to Send Mail
Inmate mail should be sent to:
Washington County Justice Center
(Inmates Name and Booking Number)
26861 Highway 34
Akron, CO 80720
Inmates receive mail Monday through Friday, except when there is a holiday and the office is closed.
Incoming mail will be screened.
Reasons for Rejected Mail
- Personal Check or Cash is received
- Postage stamps (inside with the letter), stickers, lipstick, ink-pad stamp, glitter, or glue.
- Musical cards or cards with springs.
- Gang related material/photo. Includes graffiti.
- Phone card or other unauthorized property.
- Sexually explicit communication and/or photo.
- Contains descriptions, plans, or threats of criminal activity.
- Contains Polaroid picture or picture larger than 5"x 7" ( if multiple photos are on one page they are considered one picture and the page must be smaller than 5" x 7".
- Contains material that may create racial tension within the facility.
- Contains correspondence for someone other than the inmate it is addressed to.
- Books received were not directly sent from a publisher or book store such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble).
- Contains newspaper or magazine clippings.
- Inmate to inmate correspondence
- No return address.
- Must have both First and Last name on return address.
- Sticky notes attached
- Any material that is deemed inappropriate for this facility.
For questions or concerns, please call (970) 345-2244.